Kelmscott Train Station and Interchange Upgrade
We successfully delivered the upgrade to the existing Kelmscott Train Station and Interchange as part of the WA Government’s 'Building Better Train Stations' program in 2008. The project was completed 14 days ahead of schedule with no lost time injuries recorded.
The project comprised;
- The upgrade of the existing station platforms including adjusting the platform edge height and position, as well as installing new paving and station equipment;
- The upgrade of the existing busway, including adjusting the levels to suit the new station platform levels, installing a new bitumen surface and relocating the boom gates;
- The upgrade of the existing station shelter including removing and replacing roofing, repainting, new lighting and station information systems and construction of a new station shelter building;
- Construction of a new transit officer booth on the station platform;
- Construction of new passenger drop-off and station entry shelters on both the east and west sides of the station;
- Modification of the existing vehicle circulation areas, car parks and footpath access and upgrade to the electrical, lighting, communications, hydraulic and reticulation services; and
- Construction of a new section of the shared path and upgrade to the installed landscaping.
Work was completed in stages, which allowed the station to remain operational at all times. Significant community consultation was undertaken by us in collaboration with the PTA to ensure local residents were kept informed at all times.
Completion Date: Sep 2008
Location: Kelmscott, Western Australia
Market Sector: Infrastructure